The problem of hair loss affects both men and women, and it usually happens in seasonal changes, but it often becomes a widespread problem. Both men and women can suffer a slight hair loss, or a serious hair loss, which can cause serious problems of baldness. We consider general hair loss between 70 to 120 hairs daily. Everything that exceeds these figures, we can consider that we are facing a problem of hair loss.
To be able to advise on what are the different solutions we can provide to control or improve hair loss, first, we must study what are the main causes that cause it.
Causes of hair loss
• A bad diet can be the cause of hair loss: For this, a balanced diet is necessary, like the Mediterranean diet.
• The stress can cause a sudden loss of hair, and even cause bald patches whole.
• The hormonal changes are often causing hair loss. Among them, we can comment on hair loss in pregnant women or menopause.
• Some diseases of the skin, such as lichen, fungi, dandruff or lupus, can be the cause of alopecia.
• Hair loss caused by a serious illness such as cancer, chemotherapy treatments. This problem of falling is temporary, at the end of the chemotherapy sessions, the hair grows back, although it may be thinner and somewhat more gray.
• Hyperactivity, or hypoactivity of the thyroid gland, can also cause hair loss.
Tips to improve hair loss
Hydrated hair and proper hygiene, frequent washing should not be a problem as long as it is done with appropriate products.
Diet rich in nutrients, rich in iron, zinc, and B vitamins: which can be found in milk, vegetables, and cereals, among others. An iron deficiency can cause the hair to fall out. For a good absorption of iron, it should be accompanied by a source of vitamin C, such as oranges, grapefruit, pineapple juice or broccoli.
Use sunscreen for hair in summer and winter hair protectors (serum, keratin) to have hair well hydrated and nourished.
Treatments for hair loss
The treatments that until now have demonstrated a proven efficacy, in front of problems of hair loss are minoxidil (5%) and finasteride (oral treatment, not indicated for women).
The capillary transplant is a surgical intervention, without hospitalization and with local anesthesia, which can last approximately 3 hours.
Hair is an important part of our appeal and therefore, it is a very important aspect to consider. Although it is a very common problem in both women and men, the causes are so varied that it is sometimes difficult to find the solution to the problem quickly and effectively.